Root Canals in Inglewood, Endodontic Treatment to Save Your Tooth
If you’re one of the millions of Americans that needs root canal treatment, you’re not alone. This effective treatment is used to repair and save a tooth that is badly decayed or infected. A root canal, or endodontic treatment is the safest and most conservative treatment to alleviate pain and maintain your overall dental health. Your L.A., Inglewood dentists provide professional, comfortable, and safe root canal procedures
that will rid your tooth of infection and protect your oral health from further disease and damage. We are committed to providing friendly service and the most modern treatments to protect and maintain your oral health for a lifetime of smiles.
The Root Canal Process
Endodontic treatment is a process to remove the damaged part of the tooth (the pulp), clean and disinfect the area, and then fill it and seal it, alleviating pain and protecting the tooth from further infection. This is generally a two-visit procedure, restoring function and aesthetics with a crown when the treatment is finished. Only the most severe cases of decay or infection will require an extraction. Here’s what you can expect when you visit our Inglewood dentist for root canal treatment.
- X-rays – This will help pinpoint exactly where the decay is located.
- Anesthesia – A root canal procedure begins similarly to a regular filling. Local anesthesia is administered to the affected tooth, and you won’t feel anything during the procedure.
- Pulpectomy – Next, an opening is made and the diseased pulp is removed.
- Filling – The empty root cavities are then filled with a natural polymer and the opening is sealed to prevent further decay.
- Crown – A crown is then placed over the tooth to protect it entirely. Your crown will look and feel just like your natural tooth.
EZ Dental & Orthodontics is a full-service dental office providing a full range of treatments, including endodontic treatments for badly decayed or infected teeth. Our LA dental team is dedicated to the highest quality root canal treatments with the most up-to-date equipment. We take a conservative approach to dentistry, using the least-invasive methods available to save your tooth and protect your oral health. If you’re experiencing pain and need endodontic treatment, please give us a call to schedule an appointment.